SpeakEZ Communications is a proud member of the SAFER BUILDINGS COALITION. This organization is a great way to get your team members educated about ERRCS/public safety and to stay informed.
The Safer Buildings Coalition is an independent, not for profit organization providing thought leadership and education focused on advancing policies, ideas, and technologies that ensure effective in-building wireless communication capabilities for public safety personnel and the communities they serve.
- There are over 6.2 million commercial buildings in the U.S
- First Responders need to be able to talk inside, communicate to each other inside, and communicate outside
- Building Occupants need to be able text and call 911 from inside those buildings and receive mass notifications wherever they may be inside the building
- Response Time is Critical: The FCC estimates that an improvement of one minute for 9-1-1 response time would save 10,000 lives in the US annually
- A Survey of the International Association of Fire Chiefs reports that in a large percentage of buildings, critical communication can’t happen.”
“In-building communications solutions are vital to providing solutions that enable public safety-first responders the ability to communicate when responding to an emergency incident inside buildings, tunnels and other structures that restrict communications,” states Alan Perdue, Executive Director of the Safer Buildings Coalition. “Therefore, it is imperative that all materials, products and installation methods utilized to enhance public safety in-building communications meet current model codes and standards.”